Hi

You really donot need hadoop installation. You can dowsload a pre-built
version with any hadoop and unzip it and you are good to go. Yes it may
complain while launching master and workers, safely ignore them. The only
problem is while writing to a directory. Of course you will not be able to
use any hadoop inputformat etc. out of the box.

** I am assuming its a learning question :) For production, I would suggest
build it from source.

If you are using python and need some help, please drop me a note off line.

Best
Ayan

--
Best Regards,