Thanks. Without spark submit it seems the more straightforward solution is to
just pass it on the driver's classpath. I was more surprised that the same conf
parameter had different behavior depending on where it's specified. Program vs
spark-defaults. Im all set now- thanks for replying

<ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com> </div><div>Date:07/01/2015  2:27 AM  (GMT-05:00)
user@spark.apache.org </div><div>Subject: Re: Difference between
spark-defaults.conf and SparkConf.set </div><div>
using spark-submit)

Thanks
Best Regards