Hi Chen,

I believe the issue is that `object foo` is a member of `object testing`,
so the only way to access `object foo` is to first pull `object testing`
into the closure, then access a pointer to get to `object foo`. There are
two workarounds that I'm aware of:

(1) Move `object foo` outside of `object testing`. This is only a problem
because of the nested objects. Also, by design it's simpler to reason about
but that's a separate discussion.

(2) Create a local variable for `foo.v`. If all your closure cares about is
the integer, then it makes sense to add a `val v = foo.v` inside `func` and
use this in your closure instead. This avoids pulling in $outer pointers
into your closure at all since it only references local variables.

As others have commented, I think this is more of a Scala problem than a
Spark one.

Let me know if these work,
-Andrew