Yes, you could unroll from the iterator in batch of 100-200 and then post
them in multiple rounds.
If you are using the Kafka receiver based approach (not Direct), then the
raw Kafka data is stored in the executor memory. If you are using Direct
Kafka, then it is read from Kafka directly at the time of filtering.

TD