1. When you are running locally, make sure the "master" in the SparkConf
reflects that and is not somehow set to "yarn-client"

2. You may not be getting any resources from YARN at all, so no executors,
so no receiver running. That is why I asked the most basic question - Is it
receiving data? That will eliminate a lot of uncertainities if it is indeed
receiving data.

TD