ah, now that does sound suspicious...

On 2 Sep 2015, at 14:09, Sigurd Knippenberg
<sig...@knippenberg.com<mailto:sig...@knippenberg.com>> wrote:

Yep. I know. It's was set to 32K when I ran this test. If I bump it to 64K the
issue goes away. It still doesn't make sense to me that the Spark job doesn't
release its file handles until the end of the job instead of doing that while
my loop iterates.

Sigurd

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Steve Loughran