Also please elaborate me the kind of step missing in sparkR fro this.

Thanks and Regards
Madhvi Gupta

On Thursday 24 September 2015 08:12 AM, Sun, Rui wrote:
No.

It is possible you create a helper function which can creat accumulo data RDDs in
Scala or Java (maybe put such code in a JAR, add using --jar <your jar>  on the
command line to start SparkR to use it ?) and in SparkR you can use the private
functions like callJMethod to call it and the created RDD objects can be referenced
on R side.

However, there is a critical step missing in SparkR now, which is the support
of conversion from a source RDD (other than text file RDD) to RRDD. If you
can't convert a source RDD from JVM to RRDD, you can't further use SparkR RDD
API to apply transformations on it.

-----Original Message-----
From: madhvi.gupta [mailto:madhvi.gu...@orkash.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 11:42 AM
To: Sun, Rui; user
Subject: Re: SparkR for accumulo

Hi Rui,

Cant we use the accumulo data RDD created from JAVA in spark, in sparkR?

Thanks and Regards
Madhvi Gupta

On Tuesday 22 September 2015 04:42 PM, Sun, Rui wrote:
I am afraid that there is no support for accumulo in SparkR now, because:

1. It seems that there is no data source support for accumulo, so we
can't create SparkR dataframe on accumulo 2. It is possible to create RDD from
accumulo via AccumuloInputFormat in Scala. But unfortunately, SparkR does not
support creating RDD from Hadoop files other than text file.