Hi unk1102,

Try adding more memory to your nodes.  Are you running Spark in the cloud?
If so, increase the memory on your servers.
Do you have default parallelism set (spark.default.parallelism)?  If so,
unset it, and let Spark decided how many partitions to allocate.
You can also try refactoring your code to make is use less memory.

David