I am trying to connect to an Apache Spark 1.4 server with multiple users.
Here is the issue in short form:

Connection 1 specifies database test1 at connection time. Show tables shows
test1 database tables.

Connection 2 specifies database test2 at connection time. Show tables shows
test2 database tables.

Connection 3 specifies database test3 at connection time. Create database
test4, show tables has empty results as expected.

Connection 1 and 2 show tables now show empty results.

USE <database> affects all current connections.

I have investigated this and found that there was a thrift server bug
(SPARK-2087) fixed with 1.4 but this issue still persists with us. Can you
help?