emlyn wrote

> xjlin0 wrote
>> I cannot enter REPL shell in 1.4.0/1.4.1/1.5.0/1.5.1(with pre-built with
>> or without Hadoop or home compiled with ant or maven).  There was no
>> error message in v1.4.x, system prompt nothing.  On v1.5.x, once I enter
>> $SPARK_HOME/bin/pyspark or spark-shell, I got
>>
>> Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.spark.launcher.Main
> I have the same problem

In case anyone else has the same problem: I found that the problem only
occurred under my login, not under a new clean user. After some
investigation, I found that I had "GREP_OPTIONS='--color=always'" in my
environment, which was messing up the output of grep with colour codes. I
changed that to "GREP_OPTIONS='--color=auto'" and now it works.