Qubole is one option where you can use spots and get a couple other
benefits. We use Qubole at Manthan for our Spark workloads.

For ensuring all the nodes are ready, you could use
yarn.minregisteredresourcesratio config property to ensure the execution
doesn't start till the requisite containers have been allocated.

Regards
Sab