On 17 Nov 2015, at 02:00, Nikhil Gs
<gsnikhil1432...@gmail.com<mailto:gsnikhil1432...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello Team,

Below is the error which we are facing in our cluster after 14 hours of
starting the spark submit job. Not able to understand the issue and why its
facing the below error after certain time.

If any of you have faced the same scenario or if you have any idea then please
guide us. To identify the issue, if you need any other info then please revert
me back with the requirement.Thanks a lot in advance.

Log Error:

15/11/16 04:54:48 ERROR ipc.AbstractRpcClient: SASL authentication failed. The
most likely cause is missing or invalid credentials. Consider 'kinit'.
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException:
No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos
tgt)]

I keep my list of causes of error messages online:
https://steveloughran.gitbooks.io/kerberos_and_hadoop/content/sections/errors.html

Spark only support long-lived work on a kerberos cluster from 1.5+, with a
keytab being supplied to the job. Without this, the yarn client grabs some
tickets at launch time and hangs on until they expire, which for you is 14 hours

(For anyone using ticket-at-launch auth, know that Spark 1.5.0-1.5.2 doesnt
talk to Hive on a kerberized cluster; some reflection-related issues which
weren't picked up during testing. 1.5.3 will fix this