As a I mentioned on the akka mailing list, in case others are following
this thread: the issue isn't with dependencies. It's a bug in the
maven-shade-plugin. It breaks classfiles when creating the assembly jar (it
seems to do some constant propagation). `sbt assembly` doesn't suffer from
this issue, probably because it uses another library for jar merging.

iulian

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Boavida, Rodrigo <rodrigo.boav...@aspect.com