I don’t think there is performance difference between 1.x API and 2.x API.

but it’s not a big issue for your change, only
com.databricks.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.XmlInputFormat.java
<https://github.com/databricks/spark-xml/blob/master/src/main/java/com/databricks/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/input/XmlInputFormat.java>
 need to change, right?

It’s not a big change to 2.x API. if you agree, I can do, but I cannot promise
the time within one or two weeks because of my daily job.