Hello,

The hidden API was implemented for use internally and there are no plans to
make it public at this point. It was originally introduced to provide
backward compatibility in submission protocol across multiple versions of
Spark. A full-fledged stable REST API for submitting applications would
require a detailed design consensus among the community.

-Andrew