Hello All -

I tried to execute a Spark-Scala Program in order to create a table in HIVE
and faced couple of error so I just tried to execute the "show tables" and
"show databases"

And I have already created a database named "test_db".But I have
encountered the error "Database does not exist"

*Note: I do see couple of posts related to this error but nothing was
helpful for me.*

=====================================
name := "ExploreSBT_V1"

version := "1.0"

scalaVersion := "2.11.5"

libraryDependencies
++=Seq("org.apache.spark"%%"spark-core"%"1.3.0","org.apache.spark"%%"spark-sql"%"1.3.0")
libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark"%%"spark-hive"%"1.3.0"
[image: Inline image 1]

Error: Encountered the following exceptions
:org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecutionException: FAILED: Execution
Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. Database
does not exist: test_db
15/12/14 18:49:57 ERROR HiveContext:
======================
HIVE FAILURE OUTPUT

                                                         OK
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. Database does not exist: test_db

END HIVE FAILURE OUTPUT

Process finished with exit code 0

Thanks & Regards,
Gokula Krishnan* (Gokul)*