Hi,
  I'm trying to build automatic Kafka watermark handling in my stream apps
by overriding the KafkaRDDIterator, and adding a taskcompletionlistener and
updating watermarks if task was completed (the iterator has access to
offsets). But I found out that there is no way to listen to a task error
inside the executors. Only the driver gets the TaskReason notification, but
not the task completion listener. This basically means watermarks will be
updated regardless of whether the task completed successfully or not.

Is there any way to listen for the task failures on the executors?

Thanks!
-neelesh