collect() will bring everything to driver and is costly. Instead of using
collect() + parallelize, you could use rdd1.checkpoint() along with a more
efficient action like rdd1.count(). This you can do within the for loop.

Hopefully you are using the Kryo serializer already.

Regards
Sab

--

Architect - Big Data
Ph: +91 99805 99458

Manthan Systems | *Company of the year - Analytics (2014 Frost and Sullivan
India ICT)*
+++