Make sure you add the csv spark package as this example here so that the source
parameter in R read.df would work:

https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sparkr.html#from-data-sources

    _____________________________
From: Andy Davidson <a...@santacruzintegration.com>
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: how to use sparkR or spark MLlib load csv file on hdfs then
calculate covariance
To: zhangjp <592426...@qq.com>, Yanbo Liang <yblia...@gmail.com>
Cc: user <user@spark.apache.org>

       Hi Yanbo
       I use spark.csv to load my data set. I work with both Java and Python. I
would recommend you print the first couple of rows and also print the schema to
make sure your data is loaded as you expect. You might find the following code
example helpful. You may need to programmatically set the schema depending on
what you data looks like

public class LoadTidyDataFrame {

    static  DataFrame fromCSV(SQLContext sqlContext, String file) {

        DataFrame df = sqlContext.read()

                .format("com.databricks.spark.csv")

                .option("inferSchema", "true")

                .option("header", "true")