I'll do, but if you want my two cents, creating a dedicated "optimised"
encoder for Avro would be great (especially if it's possible to do better
than plain AvroKeyValueOutputFormat with saveAsNewAPIHadoopFile :) )

Thanks for your time Michael, and happy new year :-)

Regards,

Olivier.

--
*Olivier Girardot* | AssociƩ