Hi Christopher,

What would be super helpful here is a standalone reproduction. Ideally this
would be a single Scala file or set of commands that I can run in
`spark-shell` in order to reproduce this. Ideally, this code would generate
a giant file, then try to read it in a way that demonstrates the bug. If
you have such a reproduction, could you attach it to that JIRA ticket?
Thanks!