From: Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2016 2:18 AM
To: Ovidiu-Cristian MARCU
Cc: Ted Yu; Sea; user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: off-heap certain operations

I don't think much more is said since in fact it would affect parts of
the implementations of lots of operations -- anything touching
Tungsten. It wouldn't be meaningful to try to list everything.

The difference is allocating memory on the heap or with
sun.misc.Unsafe. This is definitely something you'd need to be a
developer to know whether to use, and if you're a developer and
curious, you can just grep the code for this flag, and/or read into
what Tungsten does.

Personally, I would leave this off.