Here is one simple example of Image classification in Java.

http://blogs.quovantis.com/image-classification-using-apache-spark-with-linear-svm/

Personally, I feel python provides better libraries for image processing.
But it mostly depends on what kind of Image processing you are doing.

If you are stuck at the initial stages to load/save images, here is sample
code to do the same. This is in PySpark.

*from PIL import Image*
*import numpy as np*

*#Load Images in form of binary Files*

*images = sc.binaryFiles("Path") *

#Convert Image to array. It converts the image into [x,y,3]  format
# x,y are image dimensions and 3 is for R,G,B format.

*image_to_array = lambda rawdata: np.asarray(Image.open(StringIO(rawdata)))*

#Saving the image to file after processing
#x has image name and img has image in array

* for x,img in imageOutIMG.toLocalIterator(): path="Path"+x+".jpg"
img.save(path)*

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Mishra, Abhishek <abhishek.mis...@xerox.com