Hi,

Does anyone know of a Java/Scala library (not simply a HTTP library) for
interacting with Spark through its REST/HTTP API? My “problem” is that
interacting through REST induces a lot of work mapping the JSON to sensible
Spark/Scala objects.

So a simple example, I hope there is a library which allows me to do
something like this (not a prerequisite, only as example):

   sparkHost(“10.0.01”).getApplications().first().getJobs().first().status

In broader scope, is using the REST API the only way to retrieve information
from Spark by a different (JVM) process?

Regards,

Hans