I want to ask about something related to this.

Does anyone know if there is or will be a command line equivalent of
spark-shell client for Livy Spark Server or any other Spark Job Server? The
reason that I am asking spark-shell does not handle multiple users on the same
server well. Since a Spark Job Server can generate "sessions" for each user, it
would be great if this were possible.

Another person in the Livy users group pointed out some advantages.

I think the use case makes complete sense for a number of reasons:
1. You wouldn't need an installation of spark and configs on the gateway machine
2. Since Livy is over HTTP, it'd be easier to run spark-shell in front of a
firewall
3. Can "connect/disconnect" to sessions similar to screen in linux

Thanks,
Ben