Phew, it worked. All I had to do was to add *export
SPARK_JAVA_OPTS="-Dspark.mesos.executor.docker.image=echinthaka/mesos-spark:0.23.1-1.6.0-2.6"
*before calling spark-submit. Guillaume, thanks for the pointer.

Timothy, thanks for looking into this. Looking forward to see a fix soon.

Thanks,
Eran Chinthaka Withana