Pretty straight forward as pointed out by Ted.

--read csv file into a df
val df =
sqlContext.read.format("com.databricks.spark.csv").option("inferSchema",
"true").option("header", "true").load("/data/stg/table2")

scala> df.printSchema
root
 |-- Invoice Number: string (nullable = true)
 |-- Payment date: string (nullable = true)
 |-- Net: string (nullable = true)
 |-- VAT: string (nullable = true)
 |-- Total: string (nullable = true)
--
--rename the first column as InvoiceNumber getting rid of space
--
date: string, Net: string, VAT: string]
--
-- Change InvoiceNumber from String to Integer
--

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *