Thanks, I got that I can handle a pool by my own when dealing with
foreachPartition, etc.
My question is mainly related to what happens is such scenario.

val df: DataFrame =
hiveSqlContext.read.format("jdbc").options(options).load();
df.registerTempTable("V_RELATIONS");

I can register df as a temp table for later use in my App.
What happens to underling connections used by when accessing that
dataframe? Are all closed when a 'timeout' is reached or are kept opened
for later user?
What I'm trying to understand is what happens is case I access that table
later, for example, via thrift server of from my code.
If every time DF is accessed and connections have been closed, it is a
performance penalty to reopen then anytime.
Then, especially for Oracle, it is also costly...

Does anyone have a better understanding of this?

Thanks again!

Marco