Hi Cyril,

You can connect to Spark shell from any node. The connection is made to
master through --master IP Address like below:

spark-shell --master spark://50.140.197.217:7077

Now in the Scala code you can specify something like below:

val sparkConf = new SparkConf().
             setAppName("StreamTest").
             setMaster("local").
             set("spark.cores.max", "2").
             set("spark.driver.allowMultipleContexts", "true").
             set("spark.hadoop.validateOutputSpecs", "false")

And that will work

Have you tried it?

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh