I have an existing cluster that I stand up via Docker images and CloudFormation
Templates  on AWS.  We are moving to EMR and AWS Data Pipeline process, and
having problems with metrics and log4j.  We’ve sent a JSON configuration for
spark-log4j and spark-metrics.  The log4j file seems to be basically working
for the master.  However, the driver and executors it isn’t working for.  I’m
not sure why.  Also, the metrics aren’t working anywhere. It’s using a cloud
watch to log the metrics, and there’s no CloudWatch Sink for Spark it seems on
EMR, and so we created one that we added to a jar than’s sent via —jars to
spark-submit.

Peter Halliday