Assuming that you are using JDBC for putting data into any ACID compliant
database (MSSQL, Sybase, Oracle etc), you are implicitly or explicitly
 adding BEGIN TRAN to INSERT statement in a distributed transaction. MSSQL
does not know or care where data is coming from. If your connection
completes OK a COMMIT TRAN will be sent and that will tell MSQL to commit
transaction. If yoy kill Spark transaction before MSSQL receive COMMIT
TRAN, the transaction will be rolled back.

The only option is that if you don't care about full data getting to
MSSQL,to break your insert into chunks at source and send data to MSSQL in
small batches. In that way you will not lose all data in MSSQL because of
rollback.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *