Hi,

I am using spark 1.4.1 and trying to copy all rows from a table in one
MySQL Database to a Amazon RDS table using spark SQL.

Some columns in the source table are defined as DECIMAL type and are
nullable. Others are not.  When I run my spark job,

val writeData = sqlContext.read.format("jdbc").option("url",
>> sourceUrl).option("driver", "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").option("dbtable",
>> table).option("user", sourceUsername).option("password",
>> sourcePassword).load()
>

> writeData.write.format("com.databricks.spark.redshift").option("url",
>> String.format(targetUrl, targetUsername, targetPassword)).option("dbtable",
>> table).option("tempdir", redshiftTempDir+table).mode("append").save()

it fails with the following exception

Can't translate null value for field
> StructField(weight,DecimalType(5,2),false)

Any insights about this exception would be very helpful.