Hi Matthias,

Say with the following

you have

"Batch interval" is the basic interval at which the system with receive the
data in batches.
val ssc = new StreamingContext(sparkConf, Seconds(n))
// window length - The duration of the window below that must be multiple
of batch interval n in = > StreamingContext(sparkConf, Seconds(n))
val windowLength = x
// sliding interval - The interval at which the window operation is
performed in other words data is collected within this "previous interval x"
val slidingInterval = y

OK so you want to use something like below to get the average value within
y interval for a given parameter? The logic may be incorrect below

val countByValueAndWindow = RS.filter(_
AVG(VALUE)).countByValueAndWindow(Seconds(windowLength),
Seconds(slidingInterval))

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com