Hi,

>From the Spark 2.0 Release webinar what I understood is, the newer version
have significantly expanded the SQL capabilities of Spark, with the
introduction of a new ANSI SQL parser and support for Subqueries.  It also
says, Spark 2.0 can run all the 99 TPC-DS queries, which require many of the
SQL:2003 features.

I was testing out Spark 2.0 (apache/branch-2.0 preview) Technical Preview
provided by Databricks and observed that the Spark SQL Subqueries are now
supported in Where Clause which is great but it is not supported in Select
Clause itself. Below listed is the error message displayed.

"Error in SQL statement: AnalysisException: Predicate sub-queries can only
be used in a Filter"

Is it work in progress planned for the final release or a miss ?

Also, I could find a related JIRA # SPARK-15078 being resolved in Spark
2.1.0 version. If this is what address this issue then kindly let me know
the tentative release dates for Spark 2.1.0. Instead of Spark 2.0 in mid
June would it be Spark 2.1.0 that would be released during the same time ?

Thanks in advanace for your prompt reply !