Hi,

Following is  a sample code snippet:

*val *userDF = userRecsDF.toDF("idPartitioner", "dtPartitioner", "userId",
"userRecord").persist()
System.*out*.println(" userRecsDF.partitions.size"+
userRecsDF.partitions.size)

userDF.registerTempTable("userRecordsTemp")

sqlContext.sql("SET hive.default.fileformat=Orc  ")
sqlContext.sql("set hive.enforce.bucketing = true; ")
sqlContext.sql("set hive.enforce.sorting = true; ")
sqlContext.sql("  CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS users (userId STRING,
userRecord STRING) PARTITIONED BY (idPartitioner STRING, dtPartitioner
STRING)   stored as ORC LOCATION '/user/userId/userRecords' ")
sqlContext.sql(
  """ from userRecordsTemp ps   insert overwrite table users
partition(idPartitioner, dtPartitioner)  select ps.userId, ps.userRecord,
ps.idPartitioner, ps.dtPartitioner CLUSTER BY idPartitioner, dtPartitioner
""".stripMargin)