thank you
What are the main differences between a local mode and standalone mode. I
understand local mode does not support cluster. Is that the only difference?

    On Sunday, 19 June 2016, 9:52, Takeshi Yamamuro <linguin....@gmail.com>

In a local mode, spark runs in a single JVM that has a master and one executor
with `k`
threads.https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/scheduler/local/LocalSchedulerBackend.scala#L94

// maropu

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Ashok Kumar <ashok34...@yahoo.com.invalid>

I have been told Spark in Local mode is simplest for testing. Spark document
covers little on local mode except the cores used in --master local[k].
Where are the the driver program, executor and resources. Do I need to start
worker threads and how many app I can use safely without exceeding memory
allocated etc?
Thanking you

--
---