It looks like it. "DataFrame UDFs in R" is resolved in Spark 2.0:

Here's some of the code:
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/sql/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/execution/r/MapPartitionsRWrapper.scala

/**
* A function wrapper that applies the given R function to each partition.
*/
private[sql] case class MapPartitionsRWrapper(
func: Array[Byte],
packageNames: Array[Byte],
broadcastVars: Array[Broadcast[Object]],
inputSchema: StructType,
outputSchema: StructType) extends (Iterator[Any] => Iterator[Any])

Xinh