By setting the preferSortMergeJoin to false, it still only picks between
Merge Join and Broadcast join. Does not pick shuffle hash join depending on
autobroadcastthreshold's value.
I went though the sparkstrategies, and doesn't look like there is a direct
clean way to enforce it.

--
Regards,
Lalitha