> If you aren't processing messages as fast as you receive them, you're
> going to run out of kafka retention regardless of whether you're using
> Spark or Flink.  Again, physics.  It's just a question of what
> compromises you choose.

Yes. I wrote about it. But in case of Flink you will have output strictly
after specified time. If it is impossible to process 1000 messages per 1
second but possible process 500, then Flink makes an output for 500. If
only 1 message processed, Flink produced an output for one only but after 1
second. At the same time Spark processes all 1000 but much longer that 1
second in this case.

 that's what backpressure
> and maxRatePerPartition are for.  As long as those are set reasonably,
> you'll have a reasonably fixed output interval.  Have you actually
> tested this in the way I suggested?

Yes and I sent you results. It is appropriate only with known parameters of
input data stream. I'm not able to estimate bounds of Sparks usage in
general. And I'm not about it. I'm about Spark has these limitations. And
most problem is when a calculation time depends on input data. That is if
you want to have a stable period of output data generation you have to use
computational system with free resources in hot reserve.

 In any case thanks, now I understand how to use Spark.

PS: I will continue work with Spark but to minimize emails stream I plan to
unsubscribe from this mail list