Yup, they will definitely coexist. Structured Streaming is currently alpha and
will probably be complete in the next few releases, but Spark Streaming will
continue to exist, because it gives the user more low-level control. It's
similar to DataFrames vs RDDs (RDDs are the lower-level API for when you want
control, while DataFrames do more optimizations automatically by restricting
the computation model).

Matei