Hi,

In Spark 2 I am using sbt or mvn to compile my scala program. This used to
compile and run perfectly with Spark 1.6.1 but now it is throwing error

I believe the problem is here. I have

name := "scala"
version := "1.0"
scalaVersion := "2.11.7"
libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-core" % "2.0.0"
libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-sql" % "2.0.0"
libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-hive" % "1.5.1"

However the error I am getting is

[error] bad symbolic reference. A signature in HiveContext.class refers to
type Logging
[error] in package org.apache.spark which is not available.
[error] It may be completely missing from the current classpath, or the
version on
[error] the classpath might be incompatible with the version used when
compiling HiveContext.class.
[error] one error found
[error] (compile:compileIncremental) Compilation failed

And this is the code

import org.apache.spark.SparkContext
import org.apache.spark.SparkConf
import org.apache.spark.sql.Row
import org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext
import org.apache.spark.sql.types._
import org.apache.spark.sql.SparkSession
import org.apache.spark.sql.functions._
object ETL_scratchpad_dummy {
  def main(args: Array[String]) {
  val conf = new SparkConf().
               setAppName("ETL_scratchpad_dummy").
               set("spark.driver.allowMultipleContexts", "true").
               set("enableHiveSupport","true")
  val sc = new SparkContext(conf)
  //import sqlContext.implicits._
  val HiveContext = new org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext(sc)
  HiveContext.sql("use oraclehadoop")

Anyone has come across this

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *