From: Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com<mailto:so...@cloudera.com>>
Sent: Friday, September 2, 2016 12:41 AM
Subject: Re: PySpark: preference for Python 2.7 or Python 3.5?
To: Ian Stokes Rees <ijsto...@continuum.io<mailto:ijsto...@continuum.io>>
Cc: user @spark <user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>>

Spark should work fine with Python 3. I'm not a Python person, but all else
equal I'd use 3.5 too. I assume the issue could be libraries you want that
don't support Python 3. I don't think that changes with CDH. It includes a
version of Anaconda from Continuum, but that lays down Python 2.7.11. I don't
believe there's any particular position on 2 vs 3.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Ian Stokes Rees