I am not sure what you try to achieve here. Can you please tell us what the
goal of the program is. Maybe with some example data?

Besides this, I have the feeling that it will fail once it is not used in a
single node scenario due to the reference to the global counter variable.

Also unclear why you collect the data first to parallelize it again.