All off-heap memory is still managed by the JVM process. If you limit the
memory of this process then you limit the memory. I think the memory of the JVM
process could be limited via the xms/xmx parameter of the JVM. This can be
configured via spark options for yarn (be aware that they are different in
cluster and client mode), but i recommend to use the spark options for the off
heap maximum.

https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/running-on-yarn.html