Spark doesn't know how to turn a Seq[Any] back into a row.  You would need
to create a case class or something where we can figure out the schema.
What are you trying to do?

If you don't care about specifics fields and you just want to serialize the
type you can use kryo:

implicit val anyEncoder = Encoders.kryo[Seq[Any]]