Hi team, I am using spark SQL for accessing the amazon S3 bucket data.
If I run a sql query by using normal SQL syntax like below

1)      DataFrame d=sqlContext.sql(i.e. Select * from tablename where
column_condition);

Secondly, if I use dataframe functions for the same query like below :-

2)      dataframe.select(column_name).where(column_condition);

Now there is a question arising in my mind that which query would take more
time to execute if I run both on the same dataset.
Or both would execute in the same time duration. Please suggest your answer.
Regards,
Hitesh Goyal
Simpli5d Technologies
Cont No.: 9996588220