Hi Mich,

1. Each user could create a Livy session (batch or interactive), one
session is backed by one Spark application, and the resource quota is the
same as normal spark application (configured by
spark.executor.cores/memory,. etc), and this will be passed to yarn if
running on Yarn. This is basically no different compared to normal spark
application.
2. Livy is just a Rest service, inside Livy you could create multiple
sessions, each session is mapped to one spark application and resource
managed under the cluster manager (like YARN).
3. One user could create one session, this session will be run as the user,
it is similar to HiveServer's user impersonation or poxy user.