Hi Vin,

>From Spark 2.x, OFF_HEAP was changed to no longer directly interface with
an external block store. The previous tight dependency was restrictive and
reduced flexibility. It looks like the new version uses the executor's off
heap memory to allocate direct byte buffers, and does not interface with
any external system for the data storage. I am not aware of a way to
connect the new version of OFF_HEAP to Alluxio.

You can experience similar benefits of the old OFF_HEAP <-> Tachyon mode as
well as additional benefits like unified namespace
<http://www.alluxio.org/docs/master/en/Unified-and-Transparent-Namespace.html>
or
sharing in-memory data across applications, by using the Alluxio filesystem
API <http://www.alluxio.org/docs/master/en/File-System-API.html>.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Gene