hi there, I am using spark 1.4 code and now we plan to move to spark 2.0, and
when I check the documentation below, there are only a few features backward
compatible, does that mean I have change most of my code , please advice.

One of the largest changes in Spark 2.0 is the new updated APIs:

Unifying DataFrame and Dataset: In Scala and Java, DataFrame and Dataset
have been unified, i.e. DataFrame is just a type alias for Dataset of Row.
In Python and R, given the lack of type safety, DataFrame is the main
programming interface.
*SparkSession: new entry point that replaces the old SQLContext and
HiveContext for DataFrame and Dataset APIs. SQLContext and HiveContext are
kept for backward compatibility.*
A new, streamlined configuration API for SparkSession
Simpler, more performant accumulator API
A new, improved Aggregator API for typed aggregation in Datasets

thanks
Pradeep