Hi,

I am new to spark-sql. I am getting below mapping details in JdbcUtils.scala
as:

*case StringType => Option(JdbcType("TEXT", java.sql.Types.CLOB))* in line
number 125.

which says SringType will map with Jdbc database type as "TEXT" having jdbc
null type as CLOB , which internally takes 2005 as value.

This mapping usually comes if there is no specific dialect found for
particular database.

*Is there any reason behind this mapping ??*

I am getting this issue because if i want to set null value into redshift
table using below code:

*stmt.setNull(i + 1, nullTypes(i))* in line number 190 of JdbcUtils.scala ,
i am unable to set it.

Here table column can accept null values.

I am using below versions:

spark version: 2.0.2
redshift jdbc driver version: 1.2.1.1001

*Can anybody suggest on this issue or reason behind this mapping ?*